Pages

Monday, June 15, 2015

DIY College Fund Bank

I made this a while ago, but I thought I would still share. This was a gift for my cousins son, he was turning one. I had no money really at the time, so I made him something.

A college fund “piggy” bank


Things I used were
-Empty Jar
-Photoshop (optional)
-Spray Adhesive
-Paint

First things first! Get the label off your jar! I think I just soaked mine in hot soapy water and slowly worked at it. I have to think of a easier way, my nails will forgive me. 


Next I worked out the label. I used photoshop just because it was a way for me to get the look I wanted. But you can feel free to do what ever you would like to get the label you want. If you want to see how I went about designing my label, check out my sister blog Kelley’s Vision’s.


Next I printed my designed and cut it out. Sprayed some adhesive on and slapped it on the jar.


Then I decided to put a little message in the lid, because it’s cute. Plus I believe little personal touches like this make a gift more unique. 


While I was working on the lid more I put some card stock around the hole to make it look for evenly cut. Then I sprayed the whole thing with some matte finish. I just had a can laying around, it mostly used for charcoal drawings and pastels. But I wanted that nice matte satin look. Lucky for me, it worked.


And there you have it! A complete easy DIY “piggy” bank. Since this was a gift I went a step further and fashioned a box for it. This box I had for a while and it had Fedex or other mail service stickers on it. So I hodge podged some thick brown tissue paper to all the outside. Used some string and then it was all finished and ready to be opened! 




No comments:

Post a Comment