Pages

Sunday, August 9, 2015

Fun Costumes Part 1

So I work in retail part time, and we just started getting our Halloween costumes in! Super exciting!!
Since it's still super early and no one is really looking for costumes, I have decided something!

Every time I work, I will try on a costume. 

I never really got to wear store bought costumes growing up. My mom made some of them, I thrifted some, I would use my own clothes. I never really went into a store and tried on a million different costumes, thinking about what I would be for Halloween. And I never really felt the need to drop more then $20 on a costume, because of that I never tried on any of the more expensive ones. But I will now! Today I will show you 4 different J.Valentine costumes.

J.Valentine is a USA made company, which is always nice to see. Their costumes can be expensive....like $100-$200 expensive. But they are some of the best made costumes I've ever seen. No see through, thick soft materials, warm! (which is great for those cold Michigan halloweens).


This is the Little Ducky costume! All the costumes I'm trying on are Larges, which is working out great! As everything is fitting just fine, though I am considered about the leg warmers and gloves on all the costumes. They were a little bit tight on me, I'll have to see if all those pieces are the same size even tho the sizes on the main pieces change from size to size. The little corset piece had plastic boning, but the stitching was so good that I felt held together.



The Dragon costume was a fun full piece, but with the lack of boning. Since there was no corset like structure I did feel a lack of support were it was most needed. There was also no hook clasp in the back so I felt if I bent in any more or breathed a little to hard the dress would just start unzipping. 



Piggy was super fun, as I just loved the saggy texture of the "fur" part. Plus pigs are cute, and there is another version of this costume (looks exactly the same) but it comes with wings. To make you into a flying pig! 



And Hello Kitty Track Suit is my super favorite so far. Again super soft, gave me all the support I needed to help me feel confident, and dropped off my hips at just the right point to look flattering for my shape. I loved how warm it was and that it covered me and hugged me.  Tho I would recommend sewing in a hook clasp in case your boobs are big like mine. One deep breath and that zipper
might pop.

I'll have more costumes for you next week, till then get ready for Halloween! 

No comments:

Post a Comment