Pages

Sunday, August 30, 2015

Trying Out a New Workout Strategy

This workout strategy sadly does not involve cake....

So I workout on and off, I tend to get bored super easy. I have a gym membership, and I love it… when I’m using it… 

Otherwise you’ll see me jumping between houses, stealing all my friends oreo’s. No joke, I actually did that… they no longer buy oreo’s. 

But anyway, I’m trying something new! We all have a Pinterest right?!?! Of course we all do! And some of us probably have a “workout” board or something like that. Workouts we would like to do, so we save it, then we feel good (like we actually did the workout), and then we forget it about it. 

Well that’s going to change! Every week I will do a different workout from my Pinterest board, then delete it. But if it’s a work out that’s states a time frame, I’ll go by that. 

Now I’m not changing my diet, this isn’t about food. It’s more or less about starting a healthy habit of doing something physical everyday. And so far, it’s been working. I’ve been on it for four weeks now. I do weigh myself every Sunday, and only workout Monday - Saturday. I write down my workouts and end weight in a small notebook and carry it about with me. Just in case my workouts call for the gym, I can recall what I’m suppose to do. 

Now I’m not going to lie, in the past four weeks I’ve skipped a day or two. Sometimes I’m to depressed, or busy, or just dead tired. But when days like that happen, I just double my workout another day. I feel so guilty when I skip day, but when I double up on my workouts I feel better. Like I caught up on the workout lost. 

I want to share my workouts with you, I want you to see how easy it can be. I’m a busy girl, with a full time job. I sometimes work more then 40 hours a week, so I totally get the whole “I don’t have time for this” attitude. 

So here’s August workouts for you. (including weight changes)

Week 1 - 141.8 Pounds

15 Squats
15 Lunges
15 Hip Extensions
15 Bridging 
15 Calf Raises
30 Min Walk

Week 2 - 141.2 Pounds

15 Squats
15 Push Ups (on the knees pushups, come on guys I’m not that strong) 
30 sec Plank Hold
15 Bicycle Crunch

Week 3 - 142.2 Pounds

8-12 Rep/2-3 Sets Lat Pull Down
8-12 Rep/2-3 Sets Pull Ups
8-12 Rep/2-3 Sets Seated Cable Rows
12 Rep/ 2 Sets Bent Over Rows

Week 4 - 143.6 Pounds

I did a week of yoga a home (period week, really wasn’t feeling a hardcore workout). After two days of struggling with the moves shown in the photos, I was moving through the motions. 

End Weight - 141.2 Pounds


No comments:

Post a Comment