Pages

Thursday, August 24, 2017

DIY Tank Top


So I actually made this awhile ago, and am now finally getting around to posting it. Summer was around the corner and I wanted a long tank top. I only have one long tank top, but it’s form fitting and long. I have other tank tops that are flowy but are shorter. So I put my brain thoughts together and made one myself!



First I went to the thrift store and found a big shirt that I liked. I really liked the design on this shirt. Weird that you can only find designs like this on mens shirts. I like stuff like this to!

Then I laid one of my short flowy tank tops on top of the baggy shirt. I then cut along the edge of my tank top to get the shape I wanted. I pinned down the shirt to keep with from moving around so much.

Cammie likes to help
I then pinned some more around the neckline and cut some more. Be careful not to cut your own shirt.


Should end with something like this. 


Turn inside out and then sew! 


Cammie also likes to learn!
Nice! It looks great! But I wanted to do more and not leave the edges raw on the arms and neckline.



During this time, Cammie took a little nap. To much work for her.


After I had hemmed them edges I realized I had made a mistake. I didn’t even think to hem the edges at all. If I had planned for it, I would have cut more fabric for the arms. So the straps ended up a lot thinner then I had hoped, but all in all I feel I did a great job! I will do better next time!




Till next time *fist bump*

No comments:

Post a Comment