Pages

Friday, April 24, 2015

Nivea In-Shower Body Lotion Review

I got this product sample FREE from my Cosmo magazine. NOT getting paid for this! Lets get to the review.


Now I’m a almost everyday lotion user. I have naturally dry skin, but it also doesn’t help that I love hot showers. But now it’s become a ritual for me. It’s my little “me time”, no one bothers me, I don’t rush and I enjoy the feeling of my skin becoming moisturized. And I have different lotions, so it’s like picking out my base scent for the day to. 

So when I decided to test this out I didn’t put any lotion on. And before I used this product, I did some research on it. This product is NOT VEGAN, some of the ingredients can be made from animal products.


So I read the directions and figured if I wanted to get the full effect of this product I would not be using my LUSH Buffy Body Bar. I would just used my YES to Carrots Anti-Acne black bar soap.


The lotion has the texture of a thinned out cheap body lotion (from my experience). Smells overly perfume-y, and is really thin when you put it on. Almost so thin you don’t know if you have enough or if it’s really working. It does not foam up, and didn’t say to put it on with a puff or cloth, so I just used my hands. It felt like it was just an extra step to my shower routine, since it is not a soap or exfoliator. Usually my shower ends when I wash the conditioner out of my hair. But then I had to quickly rub this thinned out lotion all over to just wash off. 

After I pat off I did notice my skin does feel soft and lightly moisturized and not greasy. Though I don’t feel this was as moisturizing as it should of been. This was the Nourishing one for “very dry skin”, I have very dry skin, and though some areas were moisturized right right, some places like my knees, elbows, and upper arms were not. I know I’m being picky, but I take my skin moisturization very seriously. 

So my last thoughts would be, if you’re a lotion person this would save time for you. But you might feel like you missed some spots. Though it is VERY perfume-y, when it is washed off it leaves very little or no scent at all behind. It you’re looking for DEEP moisture, this won’t do. Perfect for the light moisturization you look for in the summer, but not for colder dry months.  


No comments:

Post a Comment