Pages

Saturday, December 5, 2015

RECIPES for EVERYTHING #1

That title is misleading….

So I’m starting to get back into making dinner again, with that I’ve noticed I hoard a lot of recipes…. From emails, to
Pinterest, magazines, ebooks, and anything I could get for free. I really want to clean out my computer of all these recipes. So I noticed on my desktop a folder labeled RECIPES for EVERYTHING. I have no idea how long it’s been there or what’s in it but it’s a good place to start.

So today we have stuffed mushrooms made vegan.



I changed somethings just because I’m lazy and poor, plus I just wanted to shop one place and not a million. Especially at 7am. Here’s the random snap shot I took (this is before I figured out how to put stuff on Pinterest).



So I didn’t have reduced-fat balsamic vinaigrette (didn’t even know there was fat in that), so I used this small bottle of balsamic vinegar from Old World Olive Press. My aunt gave it to me and I had no idea how I was gonna use it. But as bacon would be used I figured the “breakfast” theme was gonna be good.


So I went to Meijer and they didn’t have any good vegan “bacon”. Only the SmartLife brand and I HATE that brand. So I went with the Field Roast Breakfast Sausages, which by the way are AMAZING! I also have not seen any type of vegan spreadable cheese, so I skipped that. And the only vegan cheese Meijer had was Go Veggie, and they only had the Mexican blend. I wanted a Mozzarella style but beggars can’t be choosers. I did however add minced garlic to add the garlic part of the “garlic and herbs”. Adding to the things I changed, instead of plain bread crumbs I used Panko crumbs Japanese style. That’s just what I had in the house and I believe them to be the same in ways. I also used dried parsley, because I have a bunch of it. 



While I was cooking, the kitchen smelled of amazing maple syrup! It was just so very magical, between the mushroom caps in the oven and the sausages in the pan. To say the least I was excited to see how these would turn out.

I had some asparagus chilling in the fridge, so I boiled that up and put some Earth Balance (vegan butter) on it. That sided nicely, and just as I was finishing up Tom came home from work. 
The meal turned out really good, and prepping all those mushroom caps was well worth it. Can’t wait to see what I make next! 

Have you cooked anything tasty lately? 

No comments:

Post a Comment